It’s going to be a winter wonderland at Kidspace Children Museum in Pasadena as 60 tons of snow is trucked in for the 5th Annual Snow Days winter celebration. Snow Days at Kidspace takes place from Wednesday, December 26 through Sunday, December 30, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm. weekdays and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekends.
Though the sun may be shining on the rest of Pasadena and Los Angeles, the real snow at Kidspace will offer some cool winter fun for kids and families. In addition to making snowmen, snow angels and snowballs, some of the many other activities scheduled for Snow Days are:
- Writing special holiday wishes to hang on the “wish-teria” vine
- Interactive shows about the water cycle and the possibility of snow in Los Angeles
- Learn about seedling trees and bring one home to plant in your own yard.
- Cookie decorating
- Learning how snow is formed and why we need snow to survive.
- Winter Arts & Crafts
- Holiday Story Readings
- Ice Fishing
- Dry Ice Experiments
- Live Performances at 1pm Daily
– Wednesday December 26: Enjoy a Glass Harp musical performance with Brien Engel.
– Thursday, December 27: Get your body moving at the rocking dance party with DJ Joey.
– Friday, December 28: Discover the mystery of Frosty’s Magic Hat with Franklin Haynes Marionettes.
– Saturday, December 29: Combine music and puppets for a funny wacky show with Groovy David and Friends.
– Sunday, December 30: Enjoy the art of dance with a performance from Ballet Folklorica Nuhuatzen.
Mr. Pasadena says ” There is nothing like having a winter wonderland in Pasadena. So if you are looking for something to do with the kids (because they are still on X-mas break) this is the place to be”