Per the Pasadena Chalk Festival website:
PASADENA CHALK FESTIVAL designated the World’s Largest Display of Chalk Art in 2010 by Guinness World Records, will draw over 600 artists from across Southern California and beyond, who will use 25,000 sticks of pastel chalk to create spectacular murals on concrete throughout the beautiful courtyards of Paseo Colorado. Amazing works of art from every style imaginable, classical to contemporary, whimsical and fantastic to socially relevant, will be created and shown at the festival over the course of Father’s Day weekend.
WHEN: SATURDAY, JUNE 18 AND SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2011 -10:00am. – 7:00pm.
WHERE: Paseo Colorado located at 280 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91101 located between Marengo and Los Robles Avenue. Murals are located throughout the center on Garfield Promenade, Upper Fountain Court, Chalk of Fame on Upper Theatre Court sponsored by ArcLight Cinemas, Animation Alley in Lower Theatre Court and in the plaza area of Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
• Kid’s Chalkland where children can chalk Father’s Day Cards FREE of charge throughout the weekend 12noon to 5:00pm
• Pasadena Police Classic Car Show featuring over 100 classic cars on Colorado Boulevard Sunday, June 19 from 10:00am to 3:00pm
•600 talented artists of all ages and ethnicities – professionals, non-professionals and students
• Spectacular masterpieces created on pavement throughout Paseo Colorado’s beautiful courtyards and at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
• Hundreds of thousands of visitors – young and old – each day
• Live musical entertainment throughout the festival and face painting in Kid’s Chalkland
• One-of-king Small painted canvases by festival chalk artists available for viewing and purchase at the Pasadena Chalk Festival Art Gallery
for more information visit http://pasadenachalkfestival.com